You then need a Username and Password ( which your Dealer should have given you )
When you have logged in, you select ' My vehicles ', then ' My Nissan LEAF vehicle settings ', and then select the ' Carwings ' tabs.
But I have just checked, and Carwings appears to be down, with some illegible notice. I would not expect it to be Up again until late Monday - at the earliest.
If your Dealer hasn't, or won't, give you a Username and Password, then Dean might be able to help.
I know this is an old thread but I will try. My father sold me his 2012 Leaf. He didn't know anything about a username and password. When I rang the dealer he bought it from they couldn't have been more disinterested - Steve Jarvin Nissan Parramatta Rd Burwood.
I tried a couple of years ago to get a new user created but eventually gave up.
Does anyone know how I can create a new account or find out what the current account is?
Is there anyone I can contact at Nissan that is interested in helping?
I know this is an old thread but I will try. My father sold me his 2012 Leaf. He didn't know anything about a username and password. When I rang the dealer he bought it from they couldn't have been more disinterested - Steve Jarvin Nissan Parramatta Rd Burwood. I tried a couple of years ago to get a new user created but eventually gave up. Does anyone know how I can create a new account or find out what the current account is? Is there anyone I can contact at Nissan that is interested in helping?
If your father gave the dealer his email address when he bought the car, and assuming they actually set up a Carwings account at the time (which they should do, it is part of the delivery checklist) then you should be able to get Carwings working yourself. My dealer didn't give me any login info either, I had to work it out myself.
1. Go to the Leaf Owners portal (http://owners.nissan.com.au/portal/) and click on "Forgotten Password". It will ask you to enter an email address. Providing you enter the same email address that your dad gave the dealer, a new password will be sent to that email address. So you’ll need your dad to forward that email to you.
2. When you receive the email, it will reveal the Owners Portal "user name" and a temporary password. My Owners Portal user name begins with "X" followed by 8 digits. This is not the same as your Carwings account ID.
3. Go back to the Owners Portal and type in your user name and temporary password to log in. Hopefully everything works! Change your temporary password to something more memorable/permanent.
4. In the Owners Portal, click on "My Vehicles" on the left and then click the "My Nissan Leaf Vehicle Settings" button. You'll get a page of info about your car, which may be empty if Carwings hasn't been set up. Click on the "Carwings" tab at the top of this page. That will reveal your Carwings account ID and your Carwings password. Write both of these down.
5. If the dealer did not enter the Carwings account details into the Leaf itself (my dealer hadn't), you can set it up yourself - follow the instructions in the Leaf owners manual. Once you do that, the Leaf will log in to the Carwings server (provided you are in mobile coverage), and from there everything should work.
Powered by the sun - 5.8kW Solar and Powerwall 2. And when not, 100% Green Power customer
Post by empowerrepower on Mar 12, 2019 14:07:43 GMT 11
I haven't used Carwings for a few years, but would like to start turning on the aircon remotely. I've looked on my phone, and have a Nissan Connect ap. Is this the same as Carwings? When I try to login I get an error message: 20502. I wanted to check that I'm using the correct ap before trying to ring Nissan.
Gen 1 Leaf owner, March 2015- June 2019 Battery replaced under warranty May 2019. Hyundai Kona EV owner, May 2019 -
The android app is Nissan Connect v2.0.4 , but shows as Nissan EV on the icon. Its not on the Android store at the moment(don't know about iOS), but Feng has kindly made it available for direct download and installation via an .apk file. ozleaf.proboards.com/post/14633